The Harvey Nash Senior Finance Survey 2015
This is the Harvey Nash Finance & Banking third snapshot opinion survey, conducted in the Spring of 2015, it represents the views of 232 senior finance professionals across Ireland and the UK.
We asked mainly Finance Directors and Financial Controllers their views on the economy, talent, and diversity. Here is a snapshot of the results and I am very encouraged by the positivity in the sector.
- The Irish and UK Economies will grow, consumer confidence is up.
- We are out of Recession in Ireland.
- The UK will stay in Europe.
- The jury is out on the impact of a single party government in the UK.
- A rainbow coalition is likely in the next Irish General Election.
- Company headcounts will grow.
- Generally there isn't a skills shortage in Finance but niche areas like Risk, Reporting and Regulation has a talent deficit.
- There is no gender gap in Finance, but mostly Women choose not to progress to Senior roles due to family commitments.
- Good news - most are expecting a payrise but are content with their current compensation.
- Most take over 20 days well deserved annual leave.
I hope these insights leave you with some sense of how you sit within the general Finance community and would welcome any feedback or thoughts on what you would like to hear about next.
Harvey Nash Finance & Banking