Chief Digital Technology Officer & SVP
Share this article
- Who Took the Center out of Data Center?
- What is the tech industry's responsibility to talent in the age of automation?
- DC, the Fear Factor and CDO Summit 2017
- Can We Make Tech Cool & Security Thoughtful
- Robots are not coming - they are already here
- What would a woman do about the gender gap?
- If business is great, what's keeping you up at night?
- Is Diversity Innovative? Or Is It the Reverse?
- Women, Technology & Confidence
- First 100 Days in the CDO Role
- Creativity, Security Savvy & Diversity
- The What's Now and What's Next for Digital
- Overcrowding in the C-suite
- The Evolution of the C-Suite: Part 4
- The Evolution of the C-Suite: Part 3
What is the tech industry's responsibility to talent in the age of automation?
Could our industry become a sector where layoffs are more prevalent than skills shortages?
The struggle to find and hire skilled tech professionals is holding at fever pitch for most businesses today. Around the world I have seen employers take inventive and sometimes aggressive approaches to finding the data, UX, cloud, security, Web, mobile and AI experts their busy IT organizations need. Most recently, a client of mine hosted a global hackathon focused on new product and service development. While the technologists who came to the event focused on the issues and innovation at hand, recruiters and hiring managers were also out in force looking to identify candidates in the unusually target-rich environment.
Continue reading Anna Frazzetto's CDO at the Center blog, "What is the tech industry's responsibility to talent in the age of automation?" featured on CIO.com.