Technical Manager/Implementation Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA
The Implementation Engineer/Technical Manager will be responsible for on-boarding new customers and successful migration of the client email marketing program to Client and for upgrading existing customers. This is an ideal position for an engineer with 5+ years of Unix system admin experience.
This role is for an engineer who thrives in a collaborative, diverse environment and is passionate about Unix system administration and solving customer problems. You will be in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with often competing priorities.
Some travel and weekend/off-hours work may be required.
• Unix Admin and Software Installation (70%)
• Work on Linux based systems and troubleshoot system issues on customer servers
• Install Client products and add on packages on Linux
• Scripting in shell, Perl or PHP to automate tedious tasks
• DNS and Networking (10%)
• Work on DNS and networking related configuration and troubleshooting
• Some knowledge of configuring Sendmail and other SMTP servers
• SQL and DBA (10%)
• Must have SQL skills to write queries to retrieve and update data on a database server
• Some prior DBA experience for either Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle
• Project Management Activities (10%)
• Manage personal time as per project schedule and also work with customers on a project basis
• Provide regular project updates to management
• linux systems admin.
• scripting - in shell, perl or PHP
• ability to interact over the phone with customer
Nice to have skills:
• DNS and Networking
• SQL and DBA
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication abilities.
• Detail oriented, organized, thorough and respect for quality control
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills desired.
• Passion for quality and keen sense of ownership with attention to detail
• Teamwork, collaboration and knowledge sharing are essentials
• Be flexible
• Willing to listen/learn
• Okay to make mistake and MUST be able to admit when wrong
• Sense of humor