CCIE Level IT Network Architect – Aurora – Far East Denver
Long term consulting opportunity with great rates!
This position will be responsible for the efficiency of the network systems maintained by the Technologies Division Network Engineering Team, which manages the crucial network infrastructure.
The Senior IT Network Architect will perform as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and contribute to the planning, designing, developing, and monitoring of network systems specializing in Cisco network infrastructure, Cisco configuration tools, and Cisco management tools.
The Network Engineering Team designs, implements, monitors, maintains and operates the majority of the network hardware related to the infrastructure. As such, this position has direct responsibility and accountability for critical system design, performance and uptime, including, but not limited to, services such as Flight Information Systems, Emergency Notification Systems, Tenant Services, Access Control Networks. As such, this individual will architect and design solutions for critical environments.
• Conducts network analysis and configuration management, and develops improvements for system software performance, availability, and reliability.
• Researches, analyzes, plans, and develops hardware and software requirements.
• Designs, develops, recommends, and implements new or revised system software, utilities, and automated processes as necessary.
• Provides technical expertise for system Transitions, Migrations and Consolidations.
• Provides technical assistance to IT support staff, including, but not limited to, DBAs, Network Engineers, Application Developers, Middleware Engineers, other System Administrators, Project Managers, Change Managers, and Business Development staff.
• Provides technical expertise on activities such as new system requirements, RFP responses, data center migrations, and new technology exploitation.
• As a Subject Matter Expert, is expected to keep abreast of new technology and make recommendations as to how best to exploit the new technology for the benefit of our customers.
• Designs technologically advanced solutions to meet customer’s mission, objectives and requirements.
• Mitigates risk, manages complexity, and improves functionality pertaining to features and interoperability for Internetwork Operating System planned for, or in use in, the wired network.
• Proactively assesses exposure areas and takes steps to reduce vulnerabilities.
• Provides technical leadership on complex projects involving a broad range of expertise and disciplines, often performing the role of Infrastructure Architect.
• Creates and updates Network Diagrams in MS Visio, and processes/procedures documentation.
• Interfaces with customers, end users, partners, and associates to resolve complex issues.
• 6+ years Cisco Network Engineering experience with routers, switches, LAN, WAN, and dynamic routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF)
• Experience with configuring and deploying Cisco’s Data Center Product Line: Nexus Switches (7K's, 5K's and 2K's), MDS and Cisco 65xx, 45xx, 3xxx series switches
• Experience designing and implementing Cisco FabricPath and Layer 2 data plane technologies
• Extensive Hands-on designing, implementing and configuring highly complex Cisco Routing/Switching Network environments from scratch
• Experience with LAN/WAN MPLS migration/Implementation
• Experience with QOS & Multicast design and implementation
• The ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts, as well as knowledge or related networking disciplines
• An understanding of WAN/LAN internetworking including design elements, cost versus performance tradeoffs, protocol interoperability, network architecture development, and requirements for testing / proof of concept
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong customer service skills
• Work well within a team, adapt easily to change
• Be a self-starter and have a history of working unsupervised while achieving required goals
• Excellent documentation skills
• Hands-on network design/support experience and 6+ years Infrastructure Technology experience
• Hands-on knowledge of virtualization technology including VMware, ESXESXI, VDI and VIEW
• Experience with EMC SAN storage or NetApp/SAN devices
• Experienced one or more of these network monitoring/troubleshooting tools: Cisco Prime, Solarwinds, Wireshark (ability to comprehend network captures)
• Experience in Enterprise Monitoring practices and methodologies
• Experience leading technical projects and supervising other team members or vendors as needed
• Advanced skills in gathering requirements and designing/implementing network solutions
• Significant project management experience and leadership skills
Qualifications and Required Experience (must be demonstrated on application/resume)
6 years current professional experience in design/planning, configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco networks/platforms, including:
• Certification – CCIE R&S or equivalent
• Full knowledge of TCP/IP
• Network Design, specifically layers 1 through 4
• Dynamic Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
• Provider Level Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
• Access Control Lists (ACL)
• Switch/Router configuration
• Network Monitoring/Management (NMS)
• Wiring/Cabling infrastructure
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a directly related field.
Our client cannot sponsor at this time, US Citizen’s and Greencard candidates are encouraged to apply. No subcontractors also unless you are an individual corp to corp.
Please send a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with IT Network Architect Aurora 26851HWHN along with hourly rate requirements in the subject line or you can contact me directly at 303-330-2568.
Sr. Technical Recruiter - Harvey Nash USA, Denver
Harvey Nash USA is on Facebook and Twitter.