Legal Counsel Sourcing & Logistics, Stora Enso (Stockholm or Helsinki)
Stora Enso is now looking for a Legal Counsel to the Sourcing & Logistics department. As Legal Counsel, you are an active business partner to the Sourcing & Logistics teams. In this role, you have the opportunity to play a role in improvement and change management of the Legal Services function within Sourcing & Logistics as well as companywide.
The Legal Counsel is part of the Sourcing and Logistics functions as well as the Legal Services function. You continuously work to identify and manage legal and compliance risks and business opportunities, as well as be an active team member of the Group Legal function and contribute to the development of the function.
Example of tasks in detail:
- Continuously prioritizing, standardizing and simplifying legal and contract processes and procedures related to IT-sourcing, digitalization, general sourcing & logistics and related transactions
- Providing tactical advice regarding contract negotiation, interpretation, claims and disputes
- Acting as the gatekeeper of the company reputation and long term shareholder value
- Coordinate with the Ethics & Compliance team in respect of Sourcing & Logistics related Ethics & Compliance issues and processes
- Develop and deliver legal and contract trainings to sourcing & logistics and other business and legal personnel
- Provide legal analysis and support for various sourcing transactions, including structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating domestic and international purchase, services, investment, logistics and license contracts
Requirements / Qualifications
In this role, you are required to have a strong legal acumen, including capability, and substantial experience and success, in drafting, negotiating, and closing complex international business transactions. Preferably within IT including purchases, services and license contract. The right person has a demonstrated ability to resolve legal issues quickly and effectively and make on-the-spot risk calls. In addition, the ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Distinguished law degree from a reputable University
- Approximately 5 years post graduate legal experience in a law firm or in-house counsel position
- Your specific competence should be within IT-related legal matters
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Experience from handling the operative legal work for a sourcing and/or logistics function
Stora Enso provides
For the right candidate, the opportunities in this position at Stora Enso are many. The legal department is going through an exciting modernization and the person in this position will play a role in this change.
Applications and information
Location for this position is Stockholm or Helsinki. In this recruitment, Stora Enso works with Harvey Nash. To apply, please send your CV and personal letter, quoting reference number 5111, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions please contact Sophie Lempert, Sophie.email@example.com or
+46 (0)73 095 71 04 or Jytte Steen Thörnhammar, Jytte.firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)73 773 13 41.
Stora Enso's documented industrial operations traces back to 1288 in Sweden and 1880's in Finland. The Company was formed in 1998 through the merger of the Finnish company Enso and the Swedish company STORA and is today a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wood and paper on global markets. Stora Enso has five divisions; Consumer Board, Packaging Solutions, Biomaterials, Wood Products and Paper.
The company aim is to replace non-renewable materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. www.storaenso.se