Innovation Manager, Division Packaging Solutions, Stora Enso (Stockholm)
Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Our aim is to replace fossil based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. We employ some 25 000 employees in more than 35 countries, and our sales in 2016 were EUR 9.8 billion. Stora Enso shares are listed on the Helsinki and Stockholm stock exchanges. storaenso.com
Packaging Solutions division develops fibre-based packaging, and operates at every stage of the value chain from pulp production, material and packaging production to recycling. Our solutions serve leading converters, brand owners and retailer customers helping to optimise performance, reduce total costs and enhance sales.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovation leader to drive the creation of innovative packaging products and technologies across Stora Enso Packaging Solutions. As Innovation Manager, you will be working across functions with team members from product management, packaging design and manufacturing across our Packaging Solutions' markets in Europe and to some extent China. The successful candidate should have solid experience of innovation management principles as well as ability to drive innovation projects.
As Innovation Manager you will report to the Director of Innovation and become a member of the Marketing & Innovation function. You will be based in Stockholm, Sweden and the role entails frequent travel.
Example of tasks in detail:
• Work side-by-side with our business units to identify new opportunities enabled by Innovative packaging and/or new technologies following our strategy to replace fossil-based packaging materials with renewable materials
• Structure and drive innovation projects from idea concept creation to ready product to be handed over for commercialization, enabling effective collaboration across functions such as Packaging design, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Sales for best use of customer and consumer insights
• Lead the division Idea Management platform both supporting business units to identify solutions for time-critical issues as well as facilitating the idea generation for future packaging offerings.
Requirements / Qualifications
For this position, we seek a passionate individual possessing strong project management skills and ability to influence and generate results in a dynamic international business environment. The successful candidate must demonstrate a proven track record in innovation management and ability to deliver projects.
• University degree: MSc. level or higher
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience within Innovation management, Product management and/or project management
• Ability to drive fast paced project with multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to link new technologies and innovative concepts to tangible business value creation
• Business minded and experienced in market oriented innovation
• Business fluent in English
• First class communication and negotiation skills with ability to positively influence stakeholders
• Experience in packaging and/or FMCG will be considered an advantage
• Knowledge of Polish, Russian and/or Chinese is an advantage
Applications and information
In this recruitment Stora Enso works with Harvey Nash. To apply, please send your CV and personal letter, quoting reference number 5576, to firstname.lastname@example.org