Head of Category Operations, SAS (Solna)
As Head of Category Operations you will ensure to optimize and manage the sourcing need within the Operations area consisting of parts and services such as Engine maintenance, Aircraft maintenance including components handling, interior Aircraft parts and ground handling equipment. Further on you shall develop, coach and manage a team of seven Category Managers that deliver sourcing activities in line with SAS Sourcing processes.
This is a cross-functional position and will require participation in a number of forums together with the technical departments, SAS fleet management and sales and marketing. You will continually strengthen SAS competitiveness and profitability by minimizing total costs and managing business risk for externally purchased goods and services, while securing the right quality and delivery focusing on sustainability.
The Strategic Sourcing organization has 30 employees and is located at SAS Head Office at Frösundavik in Solna, outside Stockholm. The organization is divided into 4 main departments and you report to the CPO. You are a member of SAS Strategic Sourcing leadership team.
Example of responsibility
• Take responsibility and assure that the achievements are in line with the vision, mission and strategies of SAS Strategic Sourcing
• Overall responsibility for supplier and sourcing related issues within the defined area
• Drive and secure that strategic sourcing plans are developed yearly in collaboration with Business Units.
• Manage and execute the sourcing plan to reach agreed targets and savings.
• Develop, coach and manage the team and secure that category strategies are developed. This strategy shall be based on and aligned with the Business Unit strategy and business plans and updated annually.
• Secure that Contract Management activities are to be carried out in accordance with SAS Group Supplier Governance standards
Experience and background
• A Master Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
• At least 10 years of experience of sourcing and general business management
• Experience from an industrial company is a big advantage
• Experience from stake holder management
• Strong in leadership, preferably with a proven track record within the area
As a person you have great communication skills and the ability to collaborate with people on every level in a matrix organization. You have a strong drive and commitment to create results.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com citing reference 5536.
Come fly with us!