Director of Product Management, Handicare (Stockholm)
Handicare was founded in 1986 and supplies technical aids for the elderly and physically disabled. Its products include stairlifts, transfer and lifting products, automobile adaptation solutions and homecare products. Handicare's brand products are distributed through a comprehensive network of professional dealers and distributors in 30 countries around the world. Through its subsidiary Puls, the group is also a market leader in the sale of capital goods and consumables to hospitals and institutions in Norway.
Handicare has 1192 employees and its headquarters in Kista, Sweden, and has subsidiaries in Norway, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, England, Belgium, France, UK and the US.
Handicare's Director of Product Management is overall responsible for the product strategy and innovation; identifying the needs for new products and services, work with a team of seven product managers to create and launch them, oversee those already in the market, and manage those products and services successfully throughout the various stages of its lifecycle.
The role spans activities from strategic to tactical, and provides cross-functional leadership -- bridging gaps within the company between different functions.
To succeed in the role you should have at least six years of experience working with product development based on a sales or market perspective. You have experience in managing teams, preferably from organizations situated in different locations. Handicare is a company with high pace and dedication and you need to thrive in working in a changing environment and have a personal drive. This is a new position within the company and you will be responsible for developing the team and organizing the function and processes.
- Market - Understand the existing and potential customer base and their needs, review competitive threats and assess product opportunities. Analyze market and competitive conditions
- Business - Demonstrate the commercial viability of current and future products to deliver profitable solutions to recognized market needs
- Strategy - Define and drive the product strategy, defining the feature-set, priorities and capability roadmap for the products to meet the customers' needs and the company's growth strategy
- Planning - Specify the requirements and create the process for product success. Position the product in the market around the attributes that are valuable to our customers
- Programs - Release management and go-to-market programs aligned with the customer and business needs
- Readiness - Ensure the organization's ability to sell and support the company's products including pricing strategy
- Succession - Coordinating the appropriate decommission and replacement product strategy if/when required
- Team Leadership - Manage and develop a strong team of product owners (Product Managers)
Requirements / Qualifications
- Relevant degree in economics / market or similar
- Minimum 6 years experience in sales, market and / or product development
- Good understanding of digital product and / or service development
- Product development experience
- Experience of working internationally or have worked in an international company
- Experience of M2M or IOT
- Experience of B2B
Applications and information
In this recruitment, Handicare works with Harvey Nash. To apply, please send your CV and personal letter, quoting reference number 5339, to firstname.lastname@example.org For questions please contact Mirja Holmberg, Mirja.email@example.com