Storage Administrator, Warsaw
Type of contract: B2B
Duration: min. 12 months
Key duties and responsibilities
- As a key member of the storage services team, the Storage Administrator will provide analysis and implementation support for data storage solutions, including pre-site inspections and initial implementations.
- Performs day to day administration and monitoring on all installed storage platforms.
- Performs SAN and NAS management tasks, zoning, LUN masking of various disk types to the appropriate platforms.
- Provides technical expertise supporting applications and technologies in a large scale 24x7x365 environment.
- Ensures all storage systems provide highest commitment to operational standards and controls.
- Will have experience with Hitachi, EMC and NetApp storage environments as well as VMware and Open Systems deployments.
- Experience working with storage products on a variety of Open Systems.
- Excellent analytical abilities, resulting in problem resolution.
- Strong working knowledge of Hitachi enterprise storage subsystems and SAN technologies.
- Hitachi VSP, NetApp, EMC DMX, EMC Clariion, EMC Centerra experience along with their associated native tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Fibre channel fabric, such as Brocade DCX and Cisco MDS switches.
- Experienced with Clustered systems or high availability solutions connected to Hitachi storage subsystems.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings, and seminars.
- In addition to responsibilities listed, the jobholder should expect to undertake other related duties as assigned.
Education and Background
- BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with enterprise storage platforms with 4-5 years of experience in Hitachi.
- Experience with enterprise Fiber Channel storage networks with 4-5 years of experience in Brocade environments.
- Open Systems administration and clustering experience is highly desirable.