Location - London
Salary - Attractive base salary plus equity
My client is a branded consumer business with significant penetration within their niche market category. The brand has enjoyed sustained growth with Venture Capital backing and currently has sales in over 65 countries globally. A need has now arisen to provide the business with a new leadership team to coincide with a drive into new product areas and geographical territories.
Reporting directly to the Chairman, the CEO position has complete control for all strategic and operational decisions within the business. This brand building position is central to the success of the business moving forward with key responsibilities as follows:
- Full responsibility for the development, growth and positioning of thebrand.
- Full business planning, budgeting, profit&loss and balance sheetresponsibility.
- Full financial control, planning, forecasting and reporting in compliancewith investor requirements
- Responsible for the strategic development of the business activitiesencompassing:
- New territory market definition and growth
- Major account acquisition and development
- Developing new product/geographic revenuestreams
- Provide strategic leadership across the organisation, developing a culture of high customer focus, operational delivery and a culture of empowerment, accountability and achievement.
- Control financial cost, and provide clear guidance and communication on financial and commercial performance.
- Coach, develop and lead the organisation to allow staff to fulfil their potential and succession planning requirements.
- To develop procedures and systems that ensure robust business performance, visibility and openness.
- To visit customer sites and to develop high level relationships with key customer management personnel.
The ideal candidate will be a proven commercial FMCG leader within experience of building brands both domestically and internationally. Ideally this will have been within fashion or technical apparel,health and beauty or consumer durables. Experience of building teams and promoting a high performance culture is also critical. A further outline of expereince is listed as follows:
- Strong experience of brand building, understanding the critical importance of the existing product portfolio whilst pushing NPD and brand awareness as a matter of urgency.
- The ability to develop successful customer relationships across all channels, both in the UK and internationally.
- A strong P&L leadership track record which demonstrates sustained organic growth in a relevant UK or international FMCG business.
- A strong commercial track record, with expertise in marketing and product innovation, ideally developed in a brand centric environment throughout their career.
- A track record of identifying and building a strong team around them.
- Good networking and external focus, building relationships across a range of industry personalities
Contact - Claire Morgan
Tel - +44 (0)20 7333 2609
Email - email@example.com
Reference Number - HN6809HNC