ENGINEER WITH TRACK RECORD IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN A TECHNICHAL ENVIRONMENT? DO YOU WANT TO LEAD CHALLENGING PROJECTS FROM CONCEPTION TO COMPLETION? BECOME PROJECT MANAGER AT THE NYNAS SITE IN GOTHENBURG!
On behalf of our client we are looking for a Project Manager for the Nynas Engineering Department in Gothenburg. As a Project Manager, you will be involved in early project phases, accepting responsibility for delivery from the FEED phase to completion and handover into operation.
The Engineering team based in Nynashamn provides engineering support to the refineries and businesses throughout the Nynas group. The refineries are located in Nynäshamn, Gothenburg and Hamburg, with numerous production sites and storage facilities worldwide. Your team in Gothenburg is responsible for the specification and delivery of a range of capital projects encompassing stand-alone projects, smaller plant modifications, investigations, environmental projects and early phase study work.
As a Project Manager in Gothenburg you will be assigned one or more projects in the Nynas capital projects portfolio, with a primary responsibility for the Gothenurg location. You will be the responsible party for all Engineering Projects activities, including running of the Engineering office in the Gothenburg refinery. As Project Manager you are fully responsible for directing project resources across the matrix engineering organization as well as coordinating external consultants and contractor teams to ensure project accuracy and quality in terms of HSEQ, functionality, cost and schedule targets. As a day to day manager for your assigned projects, you will be responsible for risk management and mitigation, project reporting and communication with the wider Nynas organization.
Furthermore, you will work with continuous improvement and structured implementation of the Nynas Antura Projects (NAP) tool and its associated processes. You'll also use your experience to assist in the development of more junior members of the team, working as a mentor, and to develop the Gothenburg engineering office. You report to the Head of Project Engineering in Nynäshamn and will be involved in activities in multiple geographical locations, such as Hamburg, Nynas Depots around the world , or the home office in Nynäshamn.
Your Qualifications and Core Competencies include:
- Ten years or more experience in project engineering, preferably with a certificate in project management.
- A Master's degree in Engineering or equivalent technical education.
- A solid technical background in hydrocarbon, chemical or other relevant process industries.
- A demonstrable track record of on time, to budget and above all safe project delivery.
- Ability to manage change and uncertainty, anticipating problems through good risk management.
- Communicating across disciplines, effectively directing work in a matrix organization.
- Skilled at managing a diverse group of stakeholders within and external to your projects.
- Experience of managing an engineering office, and projects to demanding deadlines.
- You are expected to be able to be a strong communicator, fluent in spoken and written Swedish and English, it is advantageous to possess a proficiency in a third language.
Contact and application
In this recruitment Nynas cooperates with Harvey Nash. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. In the subject line mark your email with reference number 5011. For questions please contact Louise Bichler M: 0046 (0)73 773 13 49.
About Nynas- A different kind of oil company
With around 1000 employees, production facilities in Europe and South America as well as offices in over 30 countries, Nynas is dedicated to researching, producing and supplying specialty naphthenic oils and bitumen for a growing global market. Together with our customers, we have the know-how to find new applications and meet new challenges that can help shape society.
We take oil further to bring value to customers and the world we live in.