Inspire - The Influential Business Exchange
Founded in 2008, the Inspire Board network provides a secure environment within which senior business women from both the private, public and not for profit sectors share and exchange ideas and experiences with their peers. Each year, Inspire hosts private and intimate events in the Spring and Autumn in each of its global locations
In the UK, nearly 1000 women in the business community who have significant influence in FTSE250 companies, privately owned, entrepreneurial, fast growing / high visibility businesses, Whitehall and across the public sectors have already become a part of the network to meet like-minded professionals from other sectors.
In the US, over 1000 women in the business community with significant influence across Fortune Global 1000 firms are also a part of our US Chapters, HQ New York and San Francisco, servicing the Silicon Valley community too.
In 2012, as we continued to expand further with our new APAC chapter, building strong links with a wide range of APAC Board leaders throughout Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Australia. We have also launched a joint venture with Hong Kong University to provide a Women's Directorship Programme.
Featured key note speakers have included:
- Lord Davies of Abersoch, CBE, former Minister of State of Trade.
- Nancy Reardon,former Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources and Communications Officer, Campbells Soup Company and Non-Executive Director, Warnaco Inc
- Baroness Helena Kennedy, QC
- Dr Jane E. Shaw - Chairman of the Board of Directors, Intel Corporation, retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Aerogen Inc (a speciality pharmaceutical company)
- Nina Henderson - Member of the Board of Directors, Del Monte and Axa Financial Inc and former NED at Royal Dutch Shell
- Lady Sylvia Jay - Chairman, L'Oréal UK and Ireland
- Leslie F. Kenne - former Air Force Lieutenant General and Member of the Board of Directors for Unisys and Harris Corp.
- Alison Carnwath - FTSE Chairman Land Securities and Non-Executive Director, Barclays Plc and Man Group Plc
- Kathryn Hayley - CEO, Aon Consulting
- Isobel Sharp CBE and Deloitte Partner and Non-Executive Director responsible for MPs expenses in the UK
- Beth Horowitz, former President & CEO American Express Canada and Member of the Board of Directors, HSBC Canada
- Anne Bouverot - EVP at Orange/France Telecom and Non-Executive Director at Groupama
- Christine Bogdanowicz-Bindert - Independent Non-Executive Director at McBride Plc and seasoned Investment Banker.
Please find below a list of forthcoming events, more information:
8th May 2013
30th May, 2013
Lone Fønss Schrøder, Non-Executive Director and
Co-Founder of Norfalck Investment Fund
10th July, 2013
Baroness Sandip Verma, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Energy and Climate Change)
Inspire at the European Parliament in Brussels.
Carol & Alexa were recently asked to respresent Harvey Nash and Inspire at the European Parlimant in Brussels. They presented to some 70 MEP's at the Promoting Women's Leadership in both the public & private sector business breakfast hosted by Arlene McCarthy; MEP representing legal affairs and the internal market.
Click here to view photos.
FIRST WOMEN AWARDS 2012
We are proud that once again we sponsored the First Women Awards on the 28th June held at the Grand Connaught Rooms.
Click here to view pictures from 2012 event.
Harvey Nash and Inspire, the senior women's network supported by Harvey Nash, hosted its Annual Board Dinner at The May Fair Hotel, London. The keynote speaker for the evening was Lord Davies of Abersoch, CBE, former Minister of State for Trade, Investment and Small Business and author of a number of influential reports about women on boards.
Event photo album
The Balancing Act
A study of how to balance the talent pipeline in business, 2013
Harvey Nash boss trumpets women's role
Top women want opportunities, not quotas
Boardroom Diversity: Focusing on the Bottom Line
Women on boards and diversity – Harvey Nash’s view
Featured Article Archive
Executive Search Press Release Archives
Glen Moreno, Chairman of Pearson
Philip Hampton, Chairman of the Royal Bank of Scotland
Sir Roger Carr, Chairman of Centrica plc
Robert Swannell the Chairman of Marks & Spencer
Melanie Stubbing, President, Europe at Weight Watchers Inc
Allan Cook, Chairman of WS Atkins
Plc, Chairman of SELEX Galileo and Former Chief Executive of Cobham Plc
Fiona Woolf CBE, Alderman of the ward of Camberwick and Sheriff of London
View podcast microsite here
Click here to see pictures from Inspire's Hong Kong 2012 Event