Consistently ranked among the world’s top universities (top 5 QS International World University rankings), UCL’s global reputation for excellence in research and education extends across all academic disciplines, from one of Europe’s largest and most productive hubs for biomedical science interacting with the leading London hospitals to world renowned centres for architecture (UCL Bartlett) and fine art (UCL Slade School). Enterprise is important to all universities but resonates particularly with UCL in ensuring that the University’s academic endeavours accrue benefit to the greatest numbers in society.
UCL now seeks an exceptional Vice-Provost, Enterprise who will lead UCL’s transformational enterprise agenda in the next exciting phase of its development.
- Reporting directly to the Provost, Professor Michael Arthur, and a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will make a significant contribution to the strategic development of UCL with specific responsibility for refining and delivering the Enterprise Strategy, building a global reputation and ensuring sustained economic and societal benefit
- You will be the key interface with a broad range of strategic partners including business, enterprise, the venture capital community and government agencies, leading strategic initiatives that promote collaborative relationships and generate revenue from the commercialisation of UCL’s research, exploitation of intellectual property and the establishment of spin-out companies
- You will be the heart and conscience of enterprise within UCL, further developing the entrepreneurial culture that already exists, optimizing the impact of UCL’s research and enterprise activities, from both academics and students
- Whether you are currently working in academia, research or industry, you will have a significant track record of accomplishment in knowledge transfer combined with the academic, intellectual and professional credibility to build effective relationships and influence at the highest level in industry, academia and government, nationally and internationally
- Commercially astute, you will demonstrate profound and highly adept leadership skills gained in complex, research led organisations in fields relevant to UCL’s academic portfolio with a track record of creating a culture of high performance, collaboration, innovation and impact
- A confident communicator, you must be able to inspire, motivate and influence a diverse range of colleagues and partners, aligning multi-disciplinary interests behind challenging goals. Above all, you will have the vision, drive and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure that UCL Enterprise builds on its world class and leading edge expertise and continues to deliver significant commercial and societal benefits
Click here for more information.
Closing date for applications is 23.59 hrs on Monday 25 May 2015
Competitive remuneration package
+44 (0)20 7333 1526