Quality Assurance Director, AAK (Malmoe, Sweden or Zaandijk, Netherlands)
In order to strengthen the organization to support future business growth AAK are now looking for a Director of Quality Assurance who will play a vital role in creating Operational Excellence in AAK.
The Quality Assurance Director will develop systems, processes and procedures with our operations. You will also be a quality ambassador and develop our mindset in terms of quality - in close cooperation with Sales, Customer Innovation, Business Development and Technical Product Managers. You will report directly to the European Supply Chain President and being part of the management team for European Supply Chain.
• Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements
• Being the lead in any food safety matters and take the lead of the investigation and decision for recall and or actions together with Executive Committee.
• Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
• Establishes in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
• Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
• Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and documentation, manufacturing and training methods.
• Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Requirements / Qualifications
• Academic degree
• Several years of experience within the area of Quality Assurance Management
• Strong track record from the food ingredient industry, food industry or pharmaceutical industry
• Strong managerial experience
• Experience from driving change, promoting process improvement, developing standards and managing processes.
• Fluent in English
In order to be successful, you have a distinct business orientation and strong social skills. You are a self-driven person with a strong inner motivation and energy. You need to have clear communication- and influencing skills. The right candidate has several years of experience within the area of Quality Assurance preferably from the food ingredient or food industry. You also show high integrity and a strong social competence alongside your ability to deliver results in complex settings. You will influence and work through others without having direct reports which puts high demands on your natural leadership and the ability to motivate and establish change without a direct leadership.
Location: Malmoe, Sweden or Zaandijk, Netherlands. Frequent travel.
Applications and information
In this recruitment, AAK works with Harvey Nash. To apply, please send your CV and personal letter, quoting reference number 5124, to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions please contact Emma Lindén, email@example.com nr +467 6798 13 67 or Oliver Sommer, firstname.lastname@example.org nr +45 536 11 636
AAK is a leading provider of value-adding vegetable oils & fats. Our expertise in oils & fats within food applications, our wide range of raw materials and our broad process capabilities enable us to develop innovative and value-adding solutions across many industries - Chocolate & Confectionery, Bakery, Dairy, Infant Nutrition, Foodservice, Personal Care, and more. AAK's proven expertise is based on more than 140 years of experience within oils & fats. Our unique co-development approach brings our customers' skills and know-how together with our own capabilities and mindset for lasting results. Listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and with our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, AAK has 20 different production facilities, sales offices in more than 25 countries and more than 2,800 employees.