Chief Digital Technology Officer & SVP
Share this article
- The Evolution of the C-Suite: Part 1
- Look who's coming for the CEO role
- i.c. stars Highlights Disruption in the C-Suite
- You're Competent, So Be Confident!
- Good news! A tech role where women are gaining ground
- The Transformative Power of Digital Innovation
- CDOs in NYC: 10 Takeaways from Today's Change Agents
- The Meteoric Rise of the #CDOCareer
- 1 Night, 100+ Powerful Career Lessons: A Recap of ARA New York's October Mentoring Forum
- The Importance of Facts, Figures and Faking It
- #HNCIOSurvey Webinar: 'INTO AN AGE OF DISRUPTION'
- A Lot of Disruption in the Happiest Place: Australia's CIOs Speak
- Balancing Business Vision & Technology Limitations
- Neutralizing IT Offshoring's Biggest Barriers: Time, Language & Culture
- It's Not the Disruption that Matters, It's How You Handle It
Hats Off to Hanoi
I am convinced that the people of Hanoi are among the most innovative bunch around. What I like about Vietnam today is the simplicity with which they make a great impact. Take the following quote from an article that appeared in the Seattle Times titled, "Who Needs Paris When We Have Hanoi?":
"Almost anyone can and does start a business. I stood on our balcony one morning and counted the kinds of roving shops people run from the backs of bicycles. I spotted bikes laden with teapots and kitchen utensils, plastic buckets, rattan baskets, flowers, baguettes, brooms and potted plants."
This tells us that these people are inventive, hard workers. They do what they need to do to get the job done. Harvey Nash is experiencing the same in our Hanoi-based office. Our team is maximizing these novel ideas together with business acumen to impact the results we deliver to clients.
Today Hanoi is a simple place. I hope the simplicity that has been the foundation of this country, and more specifically, Hanoi, still finds a place as this country continues to evolve. The post-Vietnam War baby boom and a fast-paced, free-market economy have already combined to make Hanoi one of Asia's best values.